I love seasonal decorating. It lights my creative fire & mixes things up, keeping mundane-ness at bay.
This year I even decorated our master bedroom for Halloween. The theme is black & blush pink with some skeletons thrown in. It turned out fantastic.
Here’s a peak of our decor to help get your creative juices flowing!
There are bats leading from our window up & across the wall to the ceiling. I’ve been using them in the rest of our house for years, but this year I used them in our room. If you’d like some for your home you can free hand them or there are sites with free templates. If you have a die cutting machine there are lots of bats to choose from.
On the dresser I have two pink frames, from Michael’s. They had an adorable collection this year! I love the skull with the raven perched atop it’s head. “Quoth the raven, nevermore.” Couldn’t resist a little Edgar Allen Poe here! The white pumpkin also came from Michael’s. It was plain so I added gold glitter, pearls, & a black ribbon bow with gold skulls.
On our tall dresser, I placed a skull & flower charger using a picture holder thing to make it stand up. Yea that’s the real name for it, “picture holder thing.” Ha! I had the gorgeous blush pink glass cake stand from my daughter’s birthday. It looks great with my skull with pink glitter & pearls. For the tutorial on how to make your own see this post. I love the welcome sign. It came from Michael’s as well.
On our bed side tables I used these cute tea towels from Target. They were $3. I bought 2 packs; each came with 2 towels the solid black with “No Tricks just treats” that I used here & a white with skulls & ravens. On my husband’s side there is a fall bouquet of faux flowers, a black framed picture that came from my Michael’s, & headstone from this tutorial.
My side has the same tea towel, a semi-mercury white skull from Dollar Tree. I had this really old orange pumpkin with “Trick or Treat” on it. My son knocked it over when he was a toddler so it has a hole in the top at the back. You can’t see it unless you pick it up & know where it is, but I stopped using it for a while. This year I spray painted it with metallic blush color from Krylon. It looks great, so now it’s on my table. Next to that is an old vase with black roses & long vine type things that I spray painted with the same color. I love the outcome.
In the above photos you can also see the Halloween items I added to the hexagon shelves on each side. I added black bats on clips, pink small pillar candles, purple roses, & tiny white picture frames that I glued bugs & skulls on.
I hope you liked our Halloween master bedroom reveal. Come back each season & see what’s new.
I would love to see and hear about your seasonal decor! Leave a pic & a comment below.
Like & share tons please, ha! Follow us on social media with the buttons below.
- DIY Upholstered Headboard TutorialWe all want a relaxing master bedroom at an affordable price. This tutorial will show you how to make a beautiful DIY upholstered headboard! … More DIY Upholstered Headboard Tutorial
- Happiness is Homemade Link Party #434Join us for Happiness is Homemade Link Party where you can share & be inspired by blog posts from bloggers around the world. You’ll find recipes, DIYs, crafts, home decor, fashion, gardening, & so much more! … More Happiness is Homemade Link Party #434
- Crafty Creators Link Party #24Join us for Crafty Creators Link Party, a brand-new link party where you can be inspired & share your blog posts w/ viewers around the world! … More Crafty Creators Link Party #24
- Coastal Bookends or Tabletop Decor from Dollar Tree SuppliesThis tutorial walks you through how to make bookends to match your coastal decor. They can be made from Dollar Tree items quickly & easily! … More Coastal Bookends or Tabletop Decor from Dollar Tree Supplies
- Happiness is Homemade Link Party #433Join us for Happiness is Homemade Link Party where you can share & be inspired by blog posts from bloggers around the world. You’ll find recipes, DIYs, crafts, home decor, fashion, gardening, & so much more! … More Happiness is Homemade Link Party #433