I love seasonal decorating. It lights my creative fire & mixes things up, keeping mundane-ness at bay.
This year I even decorated our master bedroom for Halloween. The theme is black & blush pink with some skeletons thrown in. It turned out fantastic.
Here’s a peak of our decor to help get your creative juices flowing!
There are bats leading from our window up & across the wall to the ceiling. I’ve been using them in the rest of our house for years, but this year I used them in our room. If you’d like some for your home you can free hand them or there are sites with free templates. If you have a die cutting machine there are lots of bats to choose from.
On the dresser I have two pink frames, from Michael’s. They had an adorable collection this year! I love the skull with the raven perched atop it’s head. “Quoth the raven, nevermore.” Couldn’t resist a little Edgar Allen Poe here! The white pumpkin also came from Michael’s. It was plain so I added gold glitter, pearls, & a black ribbon bow with gold skulls.
On our tall dresser, I placed a skull & flower charger using a picture holder thing to make it stand up. Yea that’s the real name for it, “picture holder thing.” Ha! I had the gorgeous blush pink glass cake stand from my daughter’s birthday. It looks great with my skull with pink glitter & pearls. For the tutorial on how to make your own see this post. I love the welcome sign. It came from Michael’s as well.
On our bed side tables I used these cute tea towels from Target. They were $3. I bought 2 packs; each came with 2 towels the solid black with “No Tricks just treats” that I used here & a white with skulls & ravens. On my husband’s side there is a fall bouquet of faux flowers, a black framed picture that came from my Michael’s, & headstone from this tutorial.
My side has the same tea towel, a semi-mercury white skull from Dollar Tree. I had this really old orange pumpkin with “Trick or Treat” on it. My son knocked it over when he was a toddler so it has a hole in the top at the back. You can’t see it unless you pick it up & know where it is, but I stopped using it for a while. This year I spray painted it with metallic blush color from Krylon. It looks great, so now it’s on my table. Next to that is an old vase with black roses & long vine type things that I spray painted with the same color. I love the outcome.
In the above photos you can also see the Halloween items I added to the hexagon shelves on each side. I added black bats on clips, pink small pillar candles, purple roses, & tiny white picture frames that I glued bugs & skulls on.
I hope you liked our Halloween master bedroom reveal. Come back each season & see what’s new.
I would love to see and hear about your seasonal decor! Leave a pic & a comment below.
Like & share tons please, ha! Follow us on social media with the buttons below.
- You’re the Star Blog Hop Home WeekJoin us for You’re the Star Blog Hop where you can find & share posts for recipes, crafts, home decor, fashion, gardening, & much more!
- Happiness is Homemade #394Join us for Happiness is Homemade, a link party where you can find and share posts for all things homemade! Crafts, recipes, decor, & more!
- Lamb’s Blood is the AntivenomDoctors and scientists use lamb’s blood to create antivenom for snake bites. Read how this relates to God’s plan for us through Jesus, the Lamb of God!
- Traffic Jam Weekend #295Join us for Traffic Jam Weekend, a weekly link party where you can find & link up posts for family, recipes, fashion, crafts, decor, DIYs, gardening, free printables, & more!
- Easy Decor Bow: How to Make a Bow the Easy WayThis tutorial will show you how to make a super easy decor bow. This is so simple & perfect for gifts, wreaths, & other home decor!